"Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others” - Jack Welch
To me, leaders of organizations, especially the ones leading high growth organizations and looking to build strong and high-performance teams, must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Relentlessly upgrade their teams using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach and build self-confidence.
- Make sure people not only see the vision but, they live and breathe it.
- Exude positive energy and optimism.
- Establish trust and transparency.
- Inspire risk taking.
- Celebrate small victories of their teams.
Without leaders at the top, who talk and walk these leadership traits, day-in and day-out, organizations will struggle to achieve their goal of “speedy and sizable” growth.